Hatshepsut (1460 B.C.E)

  
  After conducting research in the area, I can conclude that Hatshepsut is a rather interesting Pharoah. How the locals described her birth is rather interesting and reflects their beliefs and religion. From what I can gather, Hatshepsut was created by Khnum, the creator god, and her birth was in the presence of the god Amun and the goddess Mesekhnet, in which the goddess gave Hatshepsut her blessing. I can see why Hatshepsut's power was uncontested and how she has great prominence, as it seems that she is diving, being born from gods. This provided great insight into the religion and is something that I will note down in my travels. 

    After learning about her birth, I wanted to learn of her accomplishments in the region and what she provided for Egypt. Her main accomplishments were planning buildings for the gods, leading military expeditions, and organizing long-distance trade. I wanted to see what exactly she built so I did some research on what she built specifically. I found that she built a temple for her cult at Deir el-Bahri. I went over them and learned that they also had sanctuaries for the other gods as well. It also seemed that the art on the wall resembles her dominating over Thutmose III, her co-ruler. I wanted to learn more so I decided to ask the locals about the temple about its importance. They seemed to respond with that the temple commemorates Hetshepsuts achievements as well as be a sanctuary for the gods. I learned also that she had begun the construction of a tomb in the Valley of Kings, abandoning her queen's tomb in Wadi Sikkat Taqa el-Zeid. 

    This temple serves to show how important the gods are to the Egyptians. The temple's sanctuaries show that the people view these gods as all omniscient, being the motivating factor behind their actions. 


    Hatshepsut seemed to be a very interesting Pharoah, being the second female Pharoah. Her construction of the Temple of Deir el-Bahri is very interesting and informative. Her co-ruler, Thutmose III, also seems to be an interesting character. I will keep an eye on him to see what he does in the future. I plan on staying for a little bit more so that I may gather more information for my task. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Battle of Kadesh (1274 BCE)

Arriving in Egypt (1460 B.C.E)